Google Search

Google

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tottenham Targets Spainish Duo

Negredo is a highly-rated centre forward, while Mane is a left-footed fullback who is also comfortable in midfield.

The duo have both performed admirably in La Liga this term in Almeria’s fight to survive relegation, but will surely move to North London if Spurs made an approach.

Negredo is the more promising proposition, as he has scored five goals in 15 starts for his struggling club this season and has attracted attention from clubs all over Europe.



He only arrived in the summer from Real Madrid - who interestingly brokered a buy-back option into the deal for they still rate the player but couldn’t assure him the playing time he wanted.

"There does exist interest from big clubs in England, Germany and France for our players at Almeria but we have not received any formal offers," insisted Almeria Chairman Alfonso Garca.

But Negredo revealed a lot more as he confirmed that Spurs have been in touch.

"For me it is good to hear that Tottenham follow me," he told the Spanish papers.

"But I do not know any more details. Now in my head I am only thinking about Almeria and to play as much as I can for them.

"Any offers go to my agent and club

No comments: